From idea to launch and leverage
Local knowledge. National connections. Global reach.
Specialised Support for first time Start-Ups
When you’re first starting up you need the support of someone knowledgeable and impartial who’ll understand what you’re trying to achieve, and who you’re doing this for.
You might have your own ‘fan club’ and maybe a few doubters or even hecklers, but what you really need is someone with strategic expertise to help you commercialise your big idea.
We’ll walk you through the minefield, covering the best structuring for your business, compliance and regulations, record keeping and registrations.
We’ll dive into tax concessions and offsets for R&D, explore your funding options and potential government grants before focusing on budgeting and cashflow.
Together we’ll ensure all those financial and business development boxes are ticked.
A blend of strategy and support through the twists and turns
But more than this, we know you need your thinking challenged by a person who’ll ask the right questions. Someone who’s in this with you for the long game — not just for this idea but for every step you take between now and your first big win.
And that’s where the true value of our service and commitment becomes clear. We’re beside you from the moment you’re first inspired, through all the twists and turns until your idea flourishes. When that happens, we’ve got the national and global reach already in place, so you can transition seamlessly to the ‘big time’.
In addition to working with our own clients, our 3-year sponsorship of the National Start Up Smart Awards and support partnerships with incubators across the country, have deepened our understanding of the unique needs of Start-Up Entrepreneurs.
Dustin Leonard, CEO and Founder of Hero and Startup Smart finalist in the Best Social Change Entrepreneur Category for 2014 says “DFK has been instrumental in helping us restructure our company to be best prepared for growth and we were very impressed with the corporate and financial acumen they brought to the table. We have a great relationship with DFK and would highly recommend their services.”
Services provided for start-ups already off the ground….
- Connected local clients with overseas DFK experts via Skype teleconferences to advise on the ins and outs of ‘doing business in the USA’
- Provided a Startup Smart finalist with a valuation of their business as they were in the process of preparing a partnership agreement
- Identified synergies between a Startup Smart company and one of our clients and connected the 2 businesses for mutual benefit
- Successfully connected several Startup Smart companies to diverse funding and capital raising options.
- Advised a Startup Smart company seeking help in corporate secretarial, governance and capital markets
- Assisted with the sale of a legal services client to a public company – identifying purchaser, writing a terms sheet, and assisting with due diligence
- Assisted a resource company with restructuring and identifying new market opportunities
- Connected a Startup Smart client with targetted international retailers
Watch our webinar for startups
Take the leap – we’ve got you. Contact us on 1300 DFK ANZ so we can connect you with one of our Start-Up Specialists.